: Current Contest :
A contest is live! We will have a leader board with links to your YouTube video here.
This contest is a “custom” generator game with the name “racestart” (in all lower caps). Disable items “Spread Shot”, “Bomb”, “Tether Beam”, “Swim Module”, “Flame Shell” & “Frost Shell”. Active items & options (with a Y) should be “Ice Cannon”, “Beam Cannon”, “Missile”, “Super Missile”, Double Jump”, “Dash”, “GraviGun”, “Grappling Hook”, “Save Rooms” & “Random Start Item”. If you are playing the correct world, you should start with “Bomb” and be in a very blue room!
You must be playing v1.12 and abide by the contest rules below to get on the leader board! The winners will be sorted by completion time — good luck! The contest will end on April 12th.
: Winners :
To be announced…
: Contest Rules :
- You must record yourself playing Gentrieve 2, from the start to the ending statistics screen, and upload this video to YouTube before the contest ends.
- Your video must show the “Video Stats” at all times. This option will need to be enabled in the Effects configuration.
- You will need the full version of the game to play and win contests. If your purchase cannot be verified, your entry will be disqualified.
- Save Rooms can be used, and you can edit out gameplay footage that was “overwritten” by a loaded save. However, all gameplay that contributes to the final time must be accounted for in the video.
- You must submit your entry (e.g. the YouTube video link) in the official forum by replying to the applicable contest thread. You can have multiple entries.
- Winners will be announced here after thorough review of top entries after the contest ends. Entries are subject to disqualification.
: Contest Tips :
- Use a desktop recording tool to record your Gentrieve 2 gameplay. I recommend http://camstudio.org/ or http://www.fraps.com/ for Windows. RecordMyDesktop may work for you on Linux / Ubuntu.
- You may need to disable some special effects or run Gentrieve 2 in a smaller (e.g. 800×600) window to get acceptable performance while recording.